What to expect in the first month on the job and beyond
First and most important: Do what you say you are going to do. And if you can’t, talk to someone.
Second: If you’re not happy, let us try to fix it. If we can’t fix it, let us try to help you move on to a better fit.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]
- Be at work on time.
- Be safe.
- Execute the tasks you’re asked to do.
- Expect to sweep and move things around.
- Look around for things to do and do them if you can on your own.
- Bring your lunch and wear work clothes.
- Use your phone on the job except for emergency calls.
- Be disrespectful if you smoke or use tobacco on the job.
- Bring up negatives or problems to anyone but your supervisor.
We hope you will also
- Get to know the guys.
- Learn from your mistakes.
- Be open-minded.
- Write up your time in your time book, take notes, and make lists.
- Try new things (ask your lead first!)
- Participate in weekly jobs meetings.
- Learn, teach and ask a lot of questions.
- Begin to qualify as a helper.