How We Work
Trust, transparency, open communication and respect.
These are the values you can expect from Ripley Beckman. They serve as our touchstones as we work with clients through every stage of the construction process.
1. Initial Interview
The initial interview gives us an opportunity to introduce ourselves and to learn more about your project and your expectations. And it gives you a chance to get to know our capabilities and determine whether we are people you would feel comfortable working with.
Coming up with a budget is a team effort. We will identify the subcontractors that are the best fit for the project and solicit bids. We will also work closely with you, helping you understand the costs of different options and working to keep your project within your budget.
We can use a standard 27-page American Institute of Architects contract or a one-page basic agreement.
We’ll do whatever works for you.
Most clients prefer cost-plus pricing, but we can also use fixed price or guaranteed maximum price agreements.
4. During Construction
Expect a lot of talking during construction, on the phone, in person, and on the job site. While texts are great for setting up meetings and emails for transferring documents, conversation is the most effective way to explore options and reach a decision.
5. Final Details
We’ll put together a punch list as the job draws to an end, but we won’t close the project until you are confident that everything is to your satisfaction. Although we offer a one-year warranty, you can count on us coming back if something we’ve worked on fails prematurely.
Principles + PRACTICES
- Leadership. We are a leadership training company, and we train our team to be the best they can.
- Responsibility. We accept responsibility and are accountable for our actions; we live by our principles.
- Honesty. We function in a transparent, trustworthy manner.
- Learning. We uphold a culture of humility, curiosity and continual learning. We hand down traditional values through an apprenticeship model.
- Quality. We are devoted to excellence, right down to the last detail, embodying old-fashioned craftsmanship.
- Teamwork. We work as a team to help each other grow. We create something greater than any one of us could do alone. We encourage innovation, creativity and a spirit of openness.
- Promise to clients. Client satisfaction begins with us being true to the words we speak and the bonds we make.
- Passion. We build, teach and learn because we love it.
We endeavor to:
Embody a leadership mentality
Take initiative, even if you are just beginning
Pay attention and always do your best
Ask for clarification and make sure you understand your role
Speak up for yourself
Do what you say you’re going to do, if you can’t, talk with someone about it
Words are powerful, use them to create a place where everyone wants to work
Follow your interest
Be open and curious to learn new things
Teach what you’ve mastered
Think of other people and how will your actions affect the team
“We begin and end with doing what we say we will do. It’s that simple.”
~ Doug Zink, founder